Re: [News] Asustek's Most Successful Product (Ever) is Linux-based

____/ Mark Kent on Tuesday 08 January 2008 14:40 : \____

> 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> Asus Says Eee PC is Most Successful Product Ever
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://www.linuxloop.com/news/2008/01/07
>> asus-says-eee-pc-is-most-successful-product-ever/
>>

>> Its funny - after years of limited success with windummy products,
>> Taiwan company makes a killing with Linux based product.
>>
>> Now you know why 1 million embedded Linux devices sell PER DAY.
>> That supports a massive ecosystem - one which micoshaft
>> can't touch.
>>
>> The hand of micoshaft has wrung so much money out of Taiwan
>> companies they can't make success for years on end.
>> Yet when they switch to Linux, they get instant success
>> and instant profit.
>>
>> There are gazillions of more money and products that
>> these Taiwan companies could make and profit from.
>> They just need to invest in India for the software
>> companies that produce Linux, and invest in China
>> for the production and concentrate on chip production
>> and chip IP concentration already present in Taiwan to
>> get number one products out there into the hands of people
>> who want it. They need to make alliances with other Taiwan
>> companies to phase out micoshaft products and pressure
>> back those who pressure them to stop supporting micoshaft
>> products and concentrate on investing in Linux
>> and open source to expand the market place.
>>

> Interesting set of suggestions!

Intel does some tricks with Microsoft over there in the far east. I can give
citations. They also have similar plans in Russia (schools bound to embrace
Linux), having tried that in China.

Lots of corruption. Follow the money and see who gets persuaded as a result.

Linux is like a girlfriend; try to stick to one distribution for a lifetime