Re: Anyone know of open source gear wheel drawing program?

____/ 7 on Saturday 05 January 2008 22:01 : \____

> <posted & mailed>
>
> Jerry McBride wrote:
>
>> 7 wrote:
>>
>>> Anyone know of open source gear wheel drawing program?
>>>
>>> Having a hard time tracking something like that down.
>>>
>>> I may need to modify it to suit my requirements.
>>>
>>> TIA
>>
>> Have you tried google? I started to do the drudge work for you, but
>> there's so many hits and I'm so tired... Go back to google... there HAS to
>> be a linux solution somewhere in the pile...
>
> Exactly the problem I'm having.

AutoDesk appears to have though a lot about porting AutoCAD to Linux recently.
It even checked whether Linux users will be willing to buy it. I'm not 100%
certain about this, but I could check. Either way, they recognise the
inevitability of Linux on many laptops and desktop.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Life is too short to proofread"