Re: Windows Vista Content Protection

____/ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on Monday 07 January 2008 17:05 : \____

> Threat modelling the attempt to seal an open architecture
>
> Slides by Peter Gutmann, University of Auckland

The poor man has a smear campaign against him because he tells the inconvenient
truth Microsoft and Hollywood are so desperate to hide.

Speaking of witch-hunting researchers:

How Apple orchestrated web attack on researchers

,----[ Quote ]
| Apple is a mega corporation that nearly smashed the reputation of
| two individuals with bogus claims of fraud. It didn't matter
| that they weren't the ones pulling the trigger because they
| were pulling all the strings.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/Ou/?p=451

And Microsoft has its history as well

,----[ Quote ]
| It also was strange to see just how many resources are aligned
| against me when I write a story about Microsoft.
|
| there were close to a dozen other people involved...Some transcribed
| the interviews I conducted; others kept notes on my every utterance
| for clues about what questions I might ask next and ultimately what my
| story would say; others briefed executives with questions I had asked
| and suggested good answers.
`----

http://blog.wired.com/business/2007/03/enough_about_me.html

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Linux: mint and self-contained 'out of the box'
Tasks: 133 total,   1 running, 131 sleeping,   0 stopped,   1 zombie