Re: Ping John BOKMA

> ____/ The Gobbling Goblin on Friday 04 January 2008 11:10 : \____

>>>Better than selling OLPCs to stubborn politicians that are afraid of
>>>change.
>>
>> Intel have pulled out now.
>
> No, they were kicked out. Good riddance to those unethical sh*theads.
> The news never told the real story. See
> http://www.p2pnet.net/story/14124 for starters.
>
> I will never buy any product with an Intel chip in it.

Good luck with that. Reminds me of several Acorn Zealots. They even made
*Intel Outside* stickers to glue to their computers. I had quite some fun
pointing out to them that there were several Intel made intergrated
circuits in their computer. And oh boy, what a fun now, because now Intel
makes a (modern) version of their precious processor back then.

> If you can't
> see why, then you don't know this story well enough. This has gone on
> quietly for years. Intel is no better than  Microsoft

IMNSO this whole OLPC is just some ego trip for a small group of people.
Aren't you foaming over someone stepping out of the project and
*commercializing* it?

Furthermore, a good read (IMO):
http://www.deeshaa.org/2005/11/05/formula-for-milking-the-digital-divide/

> and it perceives
> those children as customers.

Yeah, and the rest just wants the world to be a better place.

> Intel is a very, very vicious company. They are good when it comes to
> keeping their PR image clean, so people don't know the truth.

And on goes the tinfoil hat.

--
John Bokma                                      http://johnbokma.com/