[News] Children Learn Why GNU/Linux is Better Than Windows

  • Subject: [News] Children Learn Why GNU/Linux is Better Than Windows
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 15:38:14 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Dragons or Windmills...? Not Easy To Tell Sometimes

,----[ Quote ]
| The youngest of the sons spoke perfect English however he was barely 11. He
| asked me point-blank:
|
| "Why is this Linux system better than Windows?" He was concerned there were
| no games.
|
| I began explaining it to the boy and a teenage young man stepped into the
| conversation. He nodded as I spoke so I knew he was understanding every word.
| I got to the point right then that I knew would tell me the answer.
|
| Dragons or Windmills?
|
| See...when you finally get to the point where it has to be explained..."Linux
| is not windows and you have to learn a new way of thinking when you use
| it"...
`----

http://blog.lobby4linux.com/index.php?/archives/411-Dragons-or-Windmills...-Not-Easy-To-Tell-Sometimes.html
http://tinyurl.com/2lvf8m

Related:

I've just met Santa Claus.

| His name is Ken Starks and many only know him as "helios". Ken has a popular
| blog and a cause he has given much for. As a Linux advocate, Ken has not only
| spread the word across the nation and the world about Linux, he has taken on
| the task of giving poor kids computers. He calls it by the corny name of
| Komputers4Kids but it doesn't matter how corny the name sounds, it is what he
| does that makes the difference. Ken has made a difference in the lives of
| over a hundred kids in the past year.
`----

http://ryansrantorama.blogspot.com/2007/12/ive-just-met-santa-claus.html

Linux Is for Kids