Re: conspiracy theorists and open source

* mike3 fired off this tart reply:

> On Jan 5, 11:54 am, Linonut <lino...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> But what happens when that competition is also producing "proprietary"
> software? Is it not "in the wrong" _too_, or is "proprietary" software
> okay, provided it is not taken to the Microsoftian extreme?

I don't know.  Since there seems to be no way of avoiding proprietary
software, even today, even in GNU/Linux, I tend to view it as a
necessary evil in the early life-cycle of a new feature, application, or
piece of hardware.

In any case, there's a fair amount of proprietary functionality that is
transitory and would/should never gain traction in Free software.

>> Feeling paranoid about Gnome or the FSF is quite another thing.
>
> What about it, anyway?

I dunnae ken what yer sayin' here man.

--
This sig has expired.  Please reactivate your sig by paying $0.25
and entering the 30-character activation key that will be emailed to