[News] New Review of Geubuntu, an Enlightenment-based Ubuntu Linux

  • Subject: [News] New Review of Geubuntu, an Enlightenment-based Ubuntu Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2008 06:07:34 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
When Enlightenment met Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| Despite being a young distro with just two releases under its belt, Geubuntu
| delivers a visually stunning desktop without compromising functionality. As a
| double benefit, the components it uses to blend functionality with bling have
| modest hardware requirements. This makes the distro perfectly suitable for
| older computers.
|
| Built atop Ubuntu, the distro has a solid, well-tested base. Its unique mix
| of components from desktop environments Xfce and GNOME on top of the
| under-development Enlightenment environment introduces several bugs, but the
| developers are working to iron these out, and have already tackled several
| between the first two releases. I'd recommend this distro to desktop users
| with aging hardware, and to users who haven't tried Enlightenment before.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/123494

Related:

First look at Geubuntu 7.10

,----[ Quote ]
| For Enlightenment and Ubuntu fans this distro is custom made for you. It
| takes the best of Ubuntu and combines it with a great desktop environment. If
| Ubuntu or Kubuntu is a bit too heavy for your equipment, then Geubuntu just
| might be what you need. It might also be an idea for those who find Elive a
| bit overwhelming, or those who like to be a bit different from the rest of
| the crowd.
`----

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20071210#review

Geubuntu Sunshine

,----[ Quote ]
| Geubuntu is a complete and fully functional operative system based on the
| popular Linux Distribution Ubuntu. Geubuntu, a project started and designed
| by the Italian artist Luca D.M. (aka TheDarkMaster) is perfect for any
| Desktop, Laptop PC or even for a Virtual Machine. Geubuntu mixes the power
| and simplicity of Ubuntu and parts of the Gnome Desktop with the wonder and
| astonishing eye-candy of Enlightenment DR17
`----

http://www.geubuntu.intilinux.com/Home.html

[Just Released:] Geubuntu 7.10 Luna Nuova

,----[ Quote ]
| The power and flexibility of Ubuntu and Gnome.
|
| The magnificence and beauty of E17.
|
| Perfect and fast even for a Virtual Machine.
|
| Finally a fully functional Enlightenment Desktop.
|
| Geubuntu: when a Gnome reaches Enlightenment.
`----

http://geubuntu.intilinux.com/Home.html

Enlightenment Engage Dock

,----[ Quote ]
| Engage is a beautiful dock replacement for Linux. It looks
| high tech, futuristic, and smooth enough to be on anyH
| ollywood blockbuster.
`----

http://pimpyourlinux.com/linux-feature-review/enlightenment-engage-dock/

Initial Implementation of Desktop Icons in E17

,----[ Quote ]
| E17 is maturing, and the TODO that needs to be completed for its
| release is shrinking.
`----

http://www.osnews.com/story.php/17920/Initial-Implementation-of-Desktop-Icons-in-E17

E17 -- Desktop Enlightenment

,----[ Quote ]
| You need to install E17 in order to fully appreciate the magnificent
| work of the programmers. The direction of changes is very good -- e17
| delivers a nice-looking desktop with many special effects, being easy
| and lightweight at the same time. When compared to its predecessor
| -- e16 -- it shows that the desktop personalization and new effects
| do not have to trigger additional hardware purchases. I only wish Ic
| ould say the same about GNOME and KDE. Also, I have to say that I
| wish the Microsoft products were as stable and functional as e17
| in alpha phase.
`----

http://polishlinux.org/apps/window-managers/e17-desktop-enlightenment/

Elive 0.6.2 development released

,----[ Quote ]
| Between the work still's on new things, Elive has released a new ISO, this
| iso contains basically updates of packages:
|
|     * Packages updated: All the packages to has updates, set to day
|     * Firefox 2: Now called iceweasel is fully implemented,
|       remember that thunderbird is now called icedove too
|     * Flash 9: The first version stable of Flash 9 is released,
|       enjoy it directly on your Elive
`----

http://www.elivecd.org/gb/Main/News/_articles/51.html

Elive 0.5.2 Screenshot Walkthrough

,----[ Quote ]
| The beta version of the future Flash 9 is included; update from X.Org
| 7.0 to 7.1; Intel wireless firmware updates for the ipw2x00 models
| of wireless cards; Torus trooper, an amazing game made by Kenta Cho,
| with a retro-futuristic style; Transmission, a small basic
| BitTorrent client...
`----

http://www.thecodingstudio.com/opensource/linux/?q=node/24

A short look at gOS

,----[ Quote ]
| So after downloading the gOS Live ISO onto my Debian Etch system I started
| Innotek’s VirtualBox, bound the freshly downloaded ISO as a CD-ROM, made a
| 4GB virtual hard disk image for installing it, gave that virtual computer
| 256MB of RAM, and started...
`----

http://blog.thedebianuser.org/?p=255

Gosh, gOS is good

,----[ Quote ]
| I really liked gOS. It's a cute little system with lots of functionality and
| great looks. It works well and is fast and stable on my laptop. It should
| work on any computer that any other Linux supports. Enlightenment is an
| impressive desktop environment, and the iBar is a low-overhead way to blend
| cool effects with needed functionality. I think users will like it.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/121151

ReviewLinux.Com: gOS is worth looking into....

,----[ Quote ]
| Everybody is going Green. I take a quick look at the new kid on the block.
| gOS 1.0.1 was released earlier this month and I take a short screenshot tour
| of this "Green" Linux OS. Check out the short flash video too.
`----

http://www.reviewlinux.com/?m=show&id=8247

gOS-live 1.0 386

,----[ Quote ]