[News] Technical Report Predicts Very Large Growth of GNU/Linux

  • Subject: [News] Technical Report Predicts Very Large Growth of GNU/Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2008 09:28:25 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
According to New Report the Market for Linux Products and Services Will Grow
from $2.4 Billion in 2007 to $7.7 Billion in 2012

,----[ qUOTE ]
| Linux service revenues will grow faster than Linux software revenues.
| Services will grow from 77% to 81% of the total Linux market between 2007 and
| 2012, as Linux use becomes more complex. The server market is the main
| segment of the overall Linux market. This segment accounts for 83% of the
| market in 2007. However, by 2012, Linux's importance as a client OS will have
| grown and, as a result, server-based use of Linux software and services will
| reduce to 81% of the overall market.
`----

http://www.pr-inside.com/according-to-new-report-the-market-r369710.htm

Related:

Red Hat gets all charged up in Asia

,----[ Quote ]
| The trend we're seeing is toward having different desktops for different
| users. Linux's flexibility means that we see it on a variety of devices like
| thin clients or the OLPC, for example. I'm expecting widespread deployment of
| Linux on the desktop fairly soon.
`----

http://www.zdnetasia.com/news/software/0,39044164,62034857,00.htm

Red Hat Preps Desktop Blitz, Regional Events

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://techiqmag.com/2007/03/22/red-hat-preps-desktop-blitz-regional-partner-events/