[News] Free Open Source Software Ubiquity a Matter of When, Not If

  • Subject: [News] Free Open Source Software Ubiquity a Matter of When, Not If
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 14:42:38 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Open source in '08: Break-outs and consolidation

,----[ Quote ]
| There is an inevitable flow of events in which software companies will either
| get on the path or be left behind. If you start a software company today that
| is not SaaS or open source you are betting that the market will somehow
| revert to 1999. And I think we all remember what happened in 2001 here in the
| valley.
|
| Two years after founding this company I believe more than ever that open
| source is a question of when, not if.
`----

http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9838479-7.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=NewsBlog

Selecting an Open Source Content Management Solution

,----[ Quote ]
| In the end, using Drupal for the SportsClub LA implementation proved to be a
| great experience, one that could be considered for other similarly sized
| projects. For more complex projects, Drupal might not fare as well, but due
| to its strong developer community and ever-growing market momentum it keeps
| getting consistently better and may prove itself to be of useful there as
| well.
`----

http://opensource.sys-con.com/read/454527_p.htm

Related:

European spend on open source software hits 22bn Euros

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.siliconrepublic.com/news/news.nv?storyid=single7850