Re: longest without a reboot

Ewok wrote:

> On Dec 29 2007, 2:39 am, "DFS" <nospam@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> It takes 12 seconds to cold launch on my P4, 3.0ghz system w/ 2gb of RAM
>> and
>> a fast SATA drive.  It's pure OSS crapooolllaaaa.
>>

> Your computer P4, 3.0 GHz, 2 GB RAM and fast SATA
> My computer AMD Duron, 1,3 GHz, 1 GB RAM and IDE
>
> We could guestimate that your computer is roughly 3 times as fast as
> my is. You say that it takes 12 seconds to cold launch open office on
> your computer. It took 3 seconds on my computer. I just clocked it.
> That is 4 times faster than on your computer.

Guess what: DFS is lying.
He brings this bogus "argument" since months, and it has been made up the
very first time he wrote it.
OO *was* slow to start. Way back
It isn't any more. It takes 2 seconds longer to start than MS Office on my
machine.

> Since I use linux and
> you use windows, I guess that, that would explain the difference. That
> would make linux 12 times faster than windows.

DumbFullShit would argue that it takes that long to start on his liveCD
linux "install" and therefore linux is slow

< snip >

You will not get DFS to be reasonable, as trolling and lying is all he wants
--
Microsoft? Is that some kind of a toilet paper?