Re: [Rival] Signs of Weakness in Vista: Microsoft Does Clearance Sale

____/ Linonut on Tuesday 01 January 2008 22:40 : \____

> * Rex Ballard fired off this tart reply:
>
>> The crazy thing is that even though chip makers are freaking over low
>> chip volumes, PC makers are undewhelmed by the demand for Vista, and
>> have had to deeply discount even laptops to levels even lower than
>> prices at which XP machines were sold a year ago.  And yet Microsoft
>> is claiming 40% increases in volumes, revenues, and profts, most of
>> which were financed by Microsoft's interest-free flooring plans.
>
> Rex, is anyone writing a book about this stuff?  I know it all can't be
> true (can it?), but if even 1/8th of it has a factual basis, this would be a
> fascinating exposé on the desktop computing industry.

The trolls would not like that. You see, with a book, they can't reply/comment
to attack him and/or his message. I agree with Linonut. This would make an
interesting eBook at the very least. At least all of that stuff is online
somewhere. The trolls' aggressive response tells how fearful Microsoft is of
these writings.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Windows: backward-compatible, even for viruses
Mem:    515500k total,   444624k used,    70876k free,     1788k buffers