[News] Quake Wars 1.4 (Enemy Territory) Comes to Linux, Beyond The Red Line Demo on Linux

  • Subject: [News] Quake Wars 1.4 (Enemy Territory) Comes to Linux, Beyond The Red Line Demo on Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2008 16:25:04 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
ET: Quake Wars v1.4 For Linux This Week

,----[ Quote ]
| In addition to pushing out new Linux client and server builds, the Enemy
| Territory: Quake Wars Linux demo will also be updated against the v1.4
| release. If everything goes according to plan, id Software should be
| releasing these updates later this week. At Phoronix we'll be delivering
| quad-core benchmarks of the Quake Wars threaded renderer once this release is
| out. We have been testing a closed beta of ET:QW v1.4 for Linux with positive
| results thus far.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NjI2Nw

Beyond The Red Line - Demo Release!

,----[ Quote ]
| Beyond the Red Line is a stand-alone total conversion for Freespace 2. It is
| based on the popular new tv-show Battlestar Galactica. The Demo allows
| players to play a tutorial, two single player missions and multiplayer. The
| Demo is available for Linux, Mac and Windows.
`----

http://www.linux-gamers.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=2363

No games on Linux? No, just a Microsoft-made myth (Big Lie).

Related:

Top Ubuntu Linux Games

,----[ Quote ]
| If you’ve switched to Ubuntu (as I have) or any other Linux distribution, you
| may consider the following free (and in most cases open-source) games, as
| they’ve been favorites of mine for some time now.
`----

http://linuxgames07.blogspot.com/2007/11/top-ubuntu-linux-games.html

Games shared from PC to PS3 over the Web?

,----[ Quote ]
| "We will release a Linux version in Q4 2007 which will enable PC games to be
| played on the PlayStation 3 and many other devices including DVD players, set
| top boxes, networked media devices and mobile phones," he said.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/15045/1063/

UT3 Linux: It Will Ship When It's Ready

,----[ Quote ]