[News] New Perl Offers Plenty of Advantages

  • Subject: [News] New Perl Offers Plenty of Advantages
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2008 08:28:04 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
One view of "here's what we've done" in Perl 6

,----[ Quote ]
| Lastly, there is a substantial suite of tests written for Perl 6 language
| features, currently held in the Pugs repository. These tests are about to
| undergo substantial review and revision for correctness, completeness, and
| cross-compatibility among the implementations that are in various stages of
| development.
`----

http://perlbuzz.com/2007/12/one-view-of-heres-what-weve-done-in-perl-6.html

Related and recent:

Call for Grant Proposals

,----[ Quote ]
| The Perl Foundation is looking at giving some grants ranging from $500 to
| $3000 in February 2008.
`----

http://news.perlfoundation.org/2007/12/call_for_grant_proposals.html

Perl 5.10 now available

,----[ Quote ]
| Today the Perl Foundation announces the release of Perl 5.10, the first major
| upgrade to the wildly popular dynamic programming language in over give
| years.
`----

http://www.perlfoundation.org/perl_5_10_now_available

Related: