Re: [News] Trolltech Likes GPLv3, Qt Upgraded to GPLv3!

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
Trolltech to adopt GPL 3 for Qt

,----[ Quote ]
| Trolltech CEO Haavard Nord announced today at the KDE developer conference | that the company's cross-platform open source Qt application development | toolkit will be released under the GPL 3. This move, which comes shortly | after the release of KDE 4.0 (watch for our review on Sunday night), will | allow the open source desktop environment to adopt the new version of the | GPL. `----

http://arstechnica.com/journals/linux.ars/2008/01/18/trolltech-to-adopt-gpl-3-for-qt

The lame article (no reference to Roy) doesn't mention the commercial way of licensing Qt. Has that changed? It seems you still have to pay for a license if you want to use Qt to develop commercial software. Can anybody verify that?

Hard to get comfortable with a product whose logo looks so much like a hammer and sickle.