[News] Milestones: Over 1,500 Projects on GPLv3, LWN.net Turns 10

  • Subject: [News] Milestones: Over 1,500 Projects on GPLv3, LWN.net Turns 10
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 04:10:42 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
GPL Project Watch List for Week of 01/18

,----[ Quote ]
| Over the past week we have passed the 1.5k milestone. Within just over 6
| months, 1535 projects  have adopted the GPL v3, which is a growth of 56 GPL
| v3 projects over the last week.
`----

http://gpl3.blogspot.com/2008/01/gpl-project-watch-list-for-week-of-0118.html

LWN.net: a ten-year timeline (part 1)

,----[ Quote ]
| LWN is about to celebrate a birthday. Picking the true anniversary of an
| enterprise like LWN can be a bit tricky - there are many points which could
| be said to mark the true birth of the organization. After some thought, we
| have decreed that LWN.net was born on January 30, 1998. So we have a tenth
| anniversary coming up. That's a long time - far longer than any of us thought
| we would be doing this.
`----

http://lwn.net/Articles/264402/

Yesterday:

Trolltech to adopt GPL 3 for Qt

,----[ Quote ]
| Trolltech CEO Haavard Nord announced today at the KDE developer conference
| that the company's cross-platform open source Qt application development
| toolkit will be released under the GPL 3. This move, which comes shortly
| after the release of KDE 4.0 (watch for our review on Sunday night), will
| allow the open source desktop environment to adopt the new version of the
| GPL.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/journals/linux.ars/2008/01/18/trolltech-to-adopt-gpl-3-for-qt

Related:

Mark Webbink On: GPLv3

,----[ Quote ]
| This week Mark Webbink, former Red Hat General Counsel discusses the GPLv3
| and talks about the limits of sharing, the mellowing out of Linus Torvalds,
| and issues with the LGPLv3.
`----

http://truthhappens.redhatmagazine.com/2007/10/26/mark-webbink-on-gplv3/#comments

Sun tiptoes into GPLv3