[News] Wii a Wiinner Console, XBox360 Get Class-action Lawsuits

  • Subject: [News] Wii a Wiinner Console, XBox360 Get Class-action Lawsuits
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 16:16:28 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Video game sales see December blowout

,----[ Quote ]
| Nintendo, Activision lead in games; Wii is top console for the year
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/nintendo-activision-lead-video-game/story.aspx?guid=%7B4727D700%2D0946%2D4C22%2DAC39%2D3D905600DB66%7D&siteid=yhoof
http://tinyurl.com/3aphee

Microsoft in Trouble Over Xbox Live Downtime

,----[ Quote ]
| Downtime with Xbox Live may cause Microsoft (MSFT) to post another
| Xbox-related charge. Microsoft’s Xbox Live service, its internet connectivity
| application for the Xbox 360, was down during the crucial end of the Holiday
| season.
`----

http://seekingalpha.com/article/60663-microsoft-in-trouble-over-xbox-live-downtime

Related:

Microsoft sued over Xbox outage

,----[ Quote ]
| The suit, filed in U.S. District Court in Houston, claims Microsoft's outages
| represent a breach of contract and negligent misrepresentation for which the
| software maker is liable. The suit doesn't claim specific damages, but notes
| the amount is in excess of $5 million.
`----

http://www.news.com/8301-13860_3-9840766-56.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

Microsoft adCenter Faces Four Days of Outage?

,----[ Quote ]
| I’m not an active user of Microsoft’s adCenter, so I need your help with
| validating reports that the service has been offline for many users for the
| last four days.
`----

http://www.marketingpilgrim.com/2007/08/microsoft-adcenter-faces-four-days-of-outage.html

Professional success is a Bitch

,----[ Quote ]
| I landed my first job 3 months ago as a fresh college drop-out
| systems engineer. Not much interesting to tell you about that
| other then that we are now running GNU/Linux on our office server
| for over 2 months now with zero downtime. We successfully upgraded
| from Microsoft SBE to GNU/Linux.
`----

http://passionfornonsense.blogspot.com/2007/05/professional-success-is-bitch.html
http://tinyurl.com/37uwz2

Microsoft.com Goes Down

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft.com was showing a plain "MSCOM RENDERING PLACEHOLDER" for
| a couple of minutes just a few minutes ago. With the Symantec hack
| attack going on, is this an orchestrated attack?
`----

http://www.thecollegevoice.com/news/f6a54d18a92007823f9d55cc44b56abb

NHS Direct all better

,----[ Quote ]
| NHS Direct is back online this afternoon after going on the sick
| with a server error earlier today.
|
| According to Netcraft, the Windows 2000 server at the bargain
| basement hypochondriac magnet modern, accessible public healthcare
| resource was rebooted today. See here.
|
| Whatever malady did for the box, it was "unexpected", as the message
| on the site explained for most of today.
|
| NHS Direct was unavailable for comment at time of writing.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/01/10/nhsdirect_back/

Linux Migrations Made Simpler

,----[ Quote ]