[News] Scientific Linux 5.1 is Released, Other Distributions Also

  • Subject: [News] Scientific Linux 5.1 is Released, Other Distributions Also
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 11:28:14 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Scientific Linux 5.1 - i386 & x86_64

,----[ Quote ]
| Scientific Linux 5.1 is finally out. This release has the ability to easily
| make sites (customized Scientifc Linux distributions). The ability to make
| sites was missing from SL 5.0. We also managed to add back some of those
| packages that didn't make it into SL 5.0, as well as a few packages new for
| this release.
`----

https://www.scientificlinux.org/news/sl51

Another new release of Linux (in  Spanish) at:

http://www.k-demar.org/

There are a couple more minor releases today.

Related:

Scientific Linux live CD/DVD previews RH5

,----[ Quote ]
| A preview of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5, which won't be released
| for about a month, is available via the latest Scientific Linux 5
| (SL5) alpha live CD/DVD, released this week. Built from source
| packages for RHEL 5, SL5 sports a 2.6.18 kernel and either the
| KDE or GNOME desktops.

Scientific Linux rolls out live CD/DVD update

,----[ Quote ]
| The Scientific Linux project today released a set of live CDs and DVDs
| of the latest version of their Red Hat-based distribution, v4.4, for
| both i386 and x86_64 architectures. The live CD/DVD, featuring a 2.6.9
| kernel and the GNOME desktop environment, can also boot from a USB
| port, the team said.

[Release:] Scientific Linux 4.5

,----[ Quote ]
| Scientific Linux release 4.5 is based on the rebuilding of RPMS out of
| SRPMS's from Enterprise 4 AS, including Update 5.
`----

https://www.scientificlinux.org/news/sl45.x86_64

[Scientific Linux 5.0 Live CD Released]

,----[ Quote ]
| SL is a Linux release put together by Fermilab, CERN, and various
| other labs and universities around the world. Its primary purpose
| is to reduce duplicated effort of the labs, and to have a common
| install base for the various experimenters.
`----

https://www.scientificlinux.org/news/

[Scientific Linux 5.0 Just Released]