Re: [News] Linux Fury at MSBBC Claimed to be Justified

____/ Johan Lindquist on Thursday 17 January 2008 10:22 : \____

> So anyway, it was like, 10:36 CET Jan 17 2008, you know? Oh, and, yeah,
> Roy Schestowitz was all like, "Dude,
>
>> This is a pro-Linux newsgroup.
>
> Where does it actually, explicitly, say that it is?
>
>> If someone is here to defend Windows most of the time, become
>> suspicious.
>
> And who, pray tell, should one discuss the benefits of linux as
> compared to other operating systems with, if someone who likes another
> os better is labeled as "suspicious"? Isn't the basis for actual
> debate that you have opposing views on the subject at hand?
>
> Is it really just a place where people can sit around and agree on how
> good linux is you're after? I don't believe this group is the place
> you want, in that case.

The way you put this sounds reasonable, but think about posters who come here
to say that person X is castrating bodyparts and person Y is a 'fruit'. Then,
come to consider that many people come here not to criticise Linux but
to /ATTACK/ it. That's no debate, unless we all live in a cave.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Software sucks. Open Source sucks less."
         run-level 2  2007-12-10 11:12                   last=