Re: [News] Red Hat Becomes More Attractive After Oracle-Bea Deal

____/ Mark Kent on Thursday 17 January 2008 13:57 : \____

>> Oracle-BEA deal expands lock-in strategy, offers new risks and opportunities
>> for Red Hat
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| Through its acquisition binge, it seems as if Oracle is trying to crush any
>>| and all prospects for emerging open source applications as well as those of
>>| proprietary rivals. Red Hat and open source companies should turn up the
>>| volume on this stratey and target nervous customers who may be tiring of
>>| the Redwood City, Calif. company?s power play.
>> `----
>>
>> http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=1892
>
> Oracle is under massive threat from mysql and postgrsql which are
> trouncing Oracle at the lower and mid-ends of the market.

It has been devouring MySQL's foundations for a couple of years now. It tried
to leave MySQL naked through acquisitions. It's like Microsoft in the sense.

I still wonder if Ellison is a more predatory shark than Ballmer. As you may or
may not know, he broke the law and put people's lives at risk when he flew
under the Golden Gate Bridge. But hey... you can understand him, can't you?
He's a billionaire... so what if the 'little people' have their life put at
risk? Why was he never put to trial? My guess is that, just like Robert Bach
(Microsoft VP), he's above the law. Like O J Simpson, he's permitted to get
away with murder. Jobs and Gates have their share of criminal activities and
wrongdoings as well, but that's another story. The legal system is broken
beyond repair.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Reclaim your workstation - install GNU/Linux today
Mem:    515500k total,   444564k used,    70936k free,     1256k buffers