Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Caught Illegally Trying to Patent Someone's Else's Turf

____/ Mark Kent on Wednesday 16 January 2008 09:21 : \____

>> Procession: Procession accuses Microsoft of illegally trying to patent its
>> business software - as Procession Whitepaper sets out an alternative
>> approach to IT in business
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| "Indeed, this raises some serious issues for Microsoft. I feel that they
>>| should do the right thing, play fair and withdraw these patent
>>| applications".
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.macroworldinvestor.com/m/m.w?lp=GetStory&id=288714071
>>
>> Just like BlueJ.
>
> Microsoft to "do the right thing"?  Where has this person been living?

He was misquoted. He actually meant to say "ring wing".

When the rules don't suit you, change them and make your competition illegal.
You know, kind of like "biological weapons can hit us within 40 minutes, so we
absolutely must defend the refiner... errr... our domestic territory from
compet... errr... ballistic attacks".

Microsoft plays the same patent games at the moment.

1. Make software patentable
2. Lobby for foreign countries to adopt similar policies (blackmailing and the
Gates Fundation [sic] help here)
3. Threaten Linux vendors
4. ...
5. Oh wait! Vista can't profit. It stinks!

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: 111111 X 111111 = 12345654321
 13:05:01 up 37 days,  1:53,  4 users,  load average: 0.61, 1.12, 1.60