Re: Apple Latest Attempt to Catch up with Linux... for 6 Times the Price

____/ nrballard@xxxxxxxxx on Wednesday 16 January 2008 12:30 : \____

> It doesn't really seem that the MacBook air is intended to compete
> with devices like the eee.  In fact, that seems to be a role more
> suited to the  the iPhone. The MacBook air is more likely to replace
> or expand the MacBook Pro.  Still, MS should be very worried as they
> are now being attacked from all sides with mobile products that
> closely resemble their palmtops of the late 90s, and yet these
> competing products are so innovative, particularly compared to Vista
> UMPCs, that they make one wonder what they've been doing over the past
> decade.

Well, sabotaging beyond enemy lines with briberies, threats and all that is
sometimes more affordable than research and development. As Microsoft has
proven, crime pays, but it's a short-term investment. Suddenly it's left
behind technically and folks like Shuttlworth compare its behaviour to that of
the Mafia while the EU investigates far more closely.

Wish them luck with the hardware business (XBox 360, Zune, etc.) where they
lose loads of money without returns. They are going to need it. I'm not
joking. Just look at Unisys.

Will Microsoft Survive the Next 10 Years?

,----[ Quote ]
| I am not really an expert in this but when I read all the negative
| headlines and articles I ask myself if Microsoft really will survive
| the next 10 years.
|
| [...]
|
| I am pretty sure that the Open Source Community, the new Ubuntu,
| Google and of course Apple are those companies that are ready for
| our century and they will get more and more people that know what
| they really want.
`----

http://websquirrel.blogspot.com/2007/03/will-microsoft-survive-next-10-years.html

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Every beginning must start somewhere
 13:00:02 up 37 days,  1:48,  4 users,  load average: 0.87, 1.46, 1.85