Re: Most home routers 'vulnerable to remote take-over'

____/ Richard Rasker on Tuesday 15 January 2008 12:49 : \____

> http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2008/01/15/home_router_insecurity/
>
>  "[The UPnP exploit] works regardless the operating system or browser the
>   computer connected to the device is running, as long as it has a recent
>   version of Adobe Flash installed."
>
> Hmm ... a crappy protocol ... devices being taken over remotely ... little
> or no user control ... choosing connectivity over security ... yup, it's
> another Microsoft invention, sure enough.

I saw that earlier, but I'm still under the impression that other O/Ses that
adopt and accept opaque binary blobs will be susceptible. Flash, in general,
has many serious flaws. The same goes for NVIDIA's blob.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Software patents destroy innovation
 14:00:07 up 36 days,  2:48,  4 users,  load average: 2.63, 2.22, 2.14