Re: reset the SUSE ROOT passwd

____/ padhysreepati@xxxxxxxxx on Monday 14 January 2008 12:09 : \____

> Dear all,
> I am new to LINUX .please help.
> I am not able to reset the root passwd of the SUSE . Whnever I press e
> at the time of GRUB load, I get 2 options 1) Linux 2) Failsafe
>
> Now what to do next. The CPU is also showing:- in  the maintainenc
> mode only Ctrl D would work shutdown or reboot would not work.

Hi,

There are known methods documented in the Novell/OpenSUSE Web sites to
obtain/reset the password. To get referral to the direct URL, ask in the SUSE
newsgroups. It's a commonly-asked question that you can probably even search
the Web to find the answer to.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Far away from home, robots build people"