Re: [News] [Rival] Windows Vista's UAC is Ineffective (advocates can't read)

"Robin T Cox" <nomail@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> On Sat, 12 Jan 2008 10:06:02 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Security design: Why UAC will not work
>
> Principal reason: one of the first things Vista users want to do is to
> switch UAC off.

You are obviously another "advocate" who is incapable of reading. Here...
let me supply the part of the article that was conveniently snipped.

[QUOTE]

It's security's dirty little secret: Not having your users logged in as
ROOT or administrator will not stop malware.
There is a huge public security thrust to ensure that users are not
constantly logged on with highly privileged access. In Microsoft Windows,
this means not being logged in as a member of the administrators group or
any of the other 17 groups with admin-like privileges (for example, Power
Users). In Unix/Linux/BSD, this means not being logged in as root or bin or
whatever else is close. In the AS/400, it means not being logged in as
Qsysop or Qsecofr. For mainframes, it might mean superuser, terminal 0, or
another user label indicating special privileges.

[-QUOTE]