Re: Suse linux more popluar than ever - Thanks to Microsoft!

____/ Jerry McBride on Friday 11 January 2008 20:00 : \____

> Rex Ballard wrote:
>
>> On Jan 11, 8:56 am, "amicus_curious" <A...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> "Cletus Spencer" <cspen...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>> Thanks for pointing this out.  I'd like to see the market share shifts
>> over the years.
>> I also noticed that the number of respondents doubled.  Could this
>> mean that the Linux market itself has doubled?
>>
>> In terms of Revenue for Desktop Linux, I think SUSE is still the big
>> winner.  Red Hat hasn't really gone after the desktop market directly
>> (they offer cygwin as a free download).  For the most part, Red Hat's
>> desktop offering seems to be primarily aimed at developers and Linux/
>> Unix and network administrators.
>>
>>> It is obvious to anyone who has any understanding of commercial software
>>> activities that Novell can only profit under the aegis of Microsoft in
>>> terms of patent indemnification.
>>
>> I would tend to agree.  Many of the Linux distributors have been
>> cutting deals to expand their "patent umbrella" to give them more
>> defensive patents and more patent immunity.  The Novell deal with
>> Microsoft was one of the first, and was one of the more widely
>> publicized.
>>
>>>  Buyers are concerned with that and the spectre
>>> of a shutdown or open-ended license situation worries them.
>>
>> Most of this is FUD, but it took IBM 4 years to get a judge to finally
>> rule that the SCO claims were actually not true.  The hand full of
>> claims IBM has not dropped in summary judgement, are actually
>> technology IBM developed and shared with SCO, or that IBM funded.  The
>> main reason IBM didn't have these claims dismissed is because they are
>> going after deeper pockets, including those who helped fund, or
>> arrange funding, for the SCO lawsuit in the first place.  Since the
>> remaining claims were fraudulent, and can be proven to be fraudulent,
>> SCO was guilty of fraud and extortion (when they tried to collect
>> money from Linux licensees).  This means that SCO and it's partners,
>> were guilty of criminal fraud and extortion.  IBM has been trying to
>> get discovery that allows them to collect damages from Microsoft, Bay
>> Star Capital, and other financial backers, if the Judge does rule that
>> the SCO lawsuit was fraudulent, or even just frivolous, IBM can
>> collect those damages, and SCO bankruptcy won't shield the financial
>> backers.
>>

> I can't WAIT to hear them whine... And people wonder WHY Bill Gates is
> retiring,,,

Jerry,

I suggest you read this. Bill Gates may be lying about SCO.
http://boycottnovell.com/2007/11/25/baystar-acacia-sco-linux-lies/
I've asked for some SCO experts' opinions before posting it.

Watch the Gates Foundation very closely after (and before) Gates' retirement.
It's a 'bank account' that can be used to serve the Microsoft agenda as a
proxy (tax evasion, media control, PR image, and investment portfolio aside).
This was done before. Many times.

Quote for the day:

"If it [the timing of the donation] had anything to do with the antitrust case,
we would have told someone."

                        --Ms. Stonifer, director William H. Gates Foundation

Network traffic is  being polluted by SPAM. Help the Internet. Adopt *nix.
 04:05:05 up 32 days, 16:53,  4 users,  load average: 2.31, 1.56, 1.51