Re: xbindkeys

____/ Linonut on Wednesday 30 January 2008 03:39 : \____

> Finally settled on xbindkeys (instead of lineakd) for handling the idiot
> buttons on a keyboard.  The xbindkeys-config GUI made it pretty easy to
> populate the configuration file with the right scan codes.

It has a GUI now? I couldn't find any when I started using it, but editing the
text file takes an equal amount of time, I suppose. Just enter command next to
the sequence in ~/.xbindkeysrc . Very clean and intuitive.

> No on-screen display of the button pushed, but very simple, very easy,
> very portable.

WayV has OSD. It's funny that you mention this now because I posted a comment
about this only an hour ago.

> Even with the kernel support, still had to patch a header file in the
> kernel source, but even that was not difficult.
>
> Microsoft and Linux, working well together.
>
> Got word today from Microsoft, too.  The rebate is "in process".  The
> email content was partitioned in a funny way.  The actual message was in
> the second MIME part, not the first.  So, in mutt I see an email with
> no text; had to "view attachment" to read the message.  Leave it to
> Microsoft!

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: Digits 772-777 of Pi are 999999
Tasks: 109 total,   1 running, 108 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie