[News] Symphony on GNU/Linux: A Review

IBM's Lotus Symphony Beta 3: A Review

,----[ Quote ]
| Now that I have had a chance to install Lotus Symphony Beta 3 on my Ubuntu
| Gutsy Gibbon (aka - version 7.10) installation and have run it for several
| days, I have decided that it is time for a review. For this review, I have
| decided to show how to get Symphony working on Ubuntu, as well as the major
| features found in the Beta 3 release.
`----

http://jon-reagan.blogspot.com/2008/01/ibms-lotus-symphony-beta-3-review.html

Recent:

Lotus Notes 8.5 to fully support Ubuntu Linux 7.0 in mid-2008

,----[ Quote ]
| "We're doing pilots with customers now," Satyadas said. "Some of the requests
| came from big companies" with as many as 100,000 users that are interested in
| moving to Ubuntu Linux on the desktop.
|
| [...]
|
| "Linux is cool now," he said. "We use it ourselves. We are able to offer a
| secure, rich and cost-effective Microsoft alternative."
`----

http://computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&taxonomyName=hardware&articleId=9058900&taxonomyId=12&intsrc=kc_top

Related:

Notebook: IBM’s Linux desktop installs; Notes evolution; Data center stats

,----[ Quote ]
| Just for context IBM doesn’t have any specific policy on Linux desktop
| adoption and no quota or deadline to migrate more users. Walicki noted that
| IBM has a role-based PC policy. The data center folks and firmware people
| will use Linux. Your average cubicle dweller has a choice of Windows or
| Linux.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=7386

Is IBM open source's little friend?

,----[ Quote ]
| ...That is because one of the big post-Linuxworld features is all about
| IBM, and how IBM is going to use open source to beat big, bad Microsoft.
|
| [...]
|
| The story, from Motley Fool, says IBM is going to get Linux running faster
| on its proprietary chips, go after smaller customers using the cost
| benefits of open source, and push an "open health care framework" to
| push computers into smaller medical offices.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=758

Inna Kuznetsova, Global Executive for Linux, IBM

,----[ Quote ]