[News] GNU GPLv3 Adoption is Gaining Pace

  • Subject: [News] GNU GPLv3 Adoption is Gaining Pace
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 08:22:53 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
GPL Project Watch List for Week of 01/25

,----[ Quote ]
| The GPL v3 growth for this week is consistent with our average growth rate.
| As of January 25th, the GPL v3 count is at 1579 GPL v3 projects, up 44
| projects over the past week. The LGPL v3 list is growing slowly but steadily
| and is currently at 150 LGPL v3 projects, as compared to last weeks number of
| 148 LGPL v3 projects.
`----

http://gpl3.blogspot.com/2008/01/gpl-project-watch-list-for-week-of-0125.html

Related:

The Sun is Opening

,----[ Quote ]
| In , what could turn out to be a most interesting turn of events, Sun has
| decided to release OpenSolaris under the GPLv3.
`----

http://opensourcedeal.com/blog/?p=15

Sun to release OpenSolaris under GPL version 3

,----[ Quote ]
| Sun is going to add the upcoming GNU General Public License version
| 3 (GPLv3) to OpenSolaris in addition to its current CDDL (Common
| Development and Distribution License).

Trolltech to adopt GPL 3 for Qt

,----[ Quote ]
| Trolltech CEO Haavard Nord announced today at the KDE developer conference
| that the company's cross-platform open source Qt application development
| toolkit will be released under the GPL 3. This move, which comes shortly
| after the release of KDE 4.0 (watch for our review on Sunday night), will
| allow the open source desktop environment to adopt the new version of the
| GPL.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/journals/linux.ars/2008/01/18/trolltech-to-adopt-gpl-3-for-qt

Mark Webbink On: GPLv3