[News] [Rival] How the Burton Group Shills for Close Partner Microsoft, Shilling Exposed Further

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] How the Burton Group Shills for Close Partner Microsoft, Shilling Exposed Further
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 07:57:37 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
To Sir, with Love

,----[ Quote ]
| Dear Microsoft,
|
| For years, I have watched and admired you from afar, playing witness to your
| unshakable dominance of office productivity suites, wept when it seemed the
| world spoke coldly of Office 2007, and protested with great vehemence against
| your blisteringly unfair convictions as an evil monopolist. Why does the
| world misunderstand you? Why does it question your intentions?
|
| I hope that next month, when the International Organization for
| Standardization reviews the 3,500 technical issues raised regarding your
| proposed OOXML standard, that beautiful standard it so cruelly rejected last
| year, justice will prevail and you will go on to succeed in yet another
| proprietary vendor lock-in.
|
| Deepest affections,
|
| The Burton Group
|
| Ok, so the recent report issued by Burton Group, a research firm specializing
| network and applications infrastructure technologies, doesn't come right out
| and profess its love to the Redmond-based software company, but it might as
| well.
|
| The report reads more like a love letter than a critical study aimed at
| taking a hard look at whether the Open Document Format realistically stands a
| chance against Microsoft's everpresent Office Open XML file format. Had it
| done that, it could've been incredibly interesting.
|
| Instead, the lengthy report, when boiled down, not only disses the long-term
| relevance of the Open Document Format, but then goes and blames Sun
| Microsystems for the format's downfall (if and when a downfall is to occur).
`----

http://blogs.eweek.com/desktop_confidential/content/file_formats/to_sir_with_love.html

This was from Ziff-Davis, a source of Linux FUD as well as other stuff. CNET is
owned by Microsoft's co-founder.

The Seven Kinds of Ziff-Davis or CNET anti-Linux FUD Pundits

,----[ Quote ]
| By co-incidence, Ziff-Davis (aka ZD-NET) is the company behind something like
| 50% of what the media has to say about computers, through various tentacles.
| CNET was the Pepsi to ZD-NET's Coke (or Coke to Pepsi?), but now they merged.
| But of course this list applies to the bloggage of corporate A-listers, no
| matter who they work for.
`----

http://penguinpetes.com/b2evo/index.php?title=the_seven_kinds_of_ziff_davis_or_cnet_an&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

Related: