[News] Iran's Linux (Parsix) Reaches the Big 1.0 Milestone and Reviewed

  • Subject: [News] Iran's Linux (Parsix) Reaches the Big 1.0 Milestone and Reviewed
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 00:06:47 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Parsix GNU/Linux 1.0 Is Here

,----[ Quote ]
| A new version of Parsix Linux was just released, a few minutes ago! It comes
| with new features, bug fixes and many improvements over previews releases.
| Among the improvements, we can notice that the Rhythmbox audio player was
| replaced by the popular and sexy Exaile. Moreover, software such as IP Traf,
| Bug Buddy, AptOnCD, XawTV, xfardic-xdb-gcide, qemuctl, qemu-launcher, rpm,
| espeak and tsclient were added or re-added by popular demand.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Parsix-GNU-Linux-1-0-Is-Here-77204.shtml

Related:

Parsix Linux 1.0 Test 3 Has Been Released

,----[ Quote ]
| Highlights: GNOME 2.20.3, Linux kernel 2.6.23.9 with CK, TuxOnIce, CFS v24,
| iwlwifi with led support and mactel patches, OpenOffice 2.2.1 and GNU
| Iceweasel 2.0.0.11.
`----

http://linuxmini.blogspot.com/2008/01/parsix-linux-10-test-3-has-been.html

Parsix GNU/Linux 0.90r1 has been released

,----[ Quote ]
| Highlights: GNOME 2.18.3, Linux kernel 2.6.20.1 with CK and Suspend2 patches,
| read/write mode is default for NTFS partitions, improved hardware detection
| system and hard disk installer and replaced Totem with VLC.
`----

http://www.parsix.org/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=59

Parsix GNU/Linux 0.90r0 codename 'Barry' has been released

,----[ Quote ]
| We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of the most
| perfect version of Parsix GNU/Linux ever, 0.90r0 codename 'Barry'.
| This version brings the recent open source technologies bound into
| a quality live/installation CD-ROM right to your desktop/laptop PC.
`----

http://www.parsix.org/html/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=55

Parsix 0.90 Test 3

,----[ Quote ]
| The third test release of Parsix GNU/Linux 0.90 is now available. New in
| this LiveCD is GNOME 2.18.2, Sun Java replaced by GCJ, added the Parsix
| Book to the LiveCD, several bug fixes, glibc 2.5, and many other
| improvements.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=746&num=1

Parsix GNU/Linux 0.85.1 Released

,----[ Quote ]
| An updated version of Parsix GNU/Linux is available now. This version
| merges all published updates on the Parsix and Debian repositories
| since December 1, 2006 to Mar 1, 2007 into a rock solid collection
| and fixes all reported bugs.
`----

http://www.parsix.org/html/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=45

Centers established to observe open source software copyright

,----[ Quote ]
| The Deputy ICT Minister in Infrastructure IT Affairs added, "The
| expansion of open source software production is seen mainly as
| the activity of the country's universities and we intend to
| subdivide its various fields of activities among countries with
| IT faculties."
`----

http://www.taliyanews.com/en/archive/2007/05/centers_established_to_observe.php

Science and Art Foundation's wonderful work in Bam

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.payvand.com/news/07/may/1099.html