Re: [News] [Rival] The Massive (Yet Quiet) Exodus of Microsoft's XBox Team

____/ Mark Kent on Friday 25 January 2008 22:18 : \____

>> ____/ Linonut on Thursday 24 January 2008 13:05 : \____
>>
>>> * Roy Schestowitz peremptorily fired off this memo:

>>> The first comment in the list:
>>>
>>>    As an ex-msft outsider, Raikes will definitely be missed. He was one
>>>    of the few sanity points in the company.
>>>
>>>    I had the opportunity to meet with a group of Microsoft PMs in the
>>>    Vista group at CES this week and was amazed that the arrogant
>>>    not-invented-here turf-protection smug 'we are Microsoft' attitude is
>>>    still thick and in use. We were not even asking for anything, just
>>>    providing information they needed (and actually asked for) and we
>>>    still got a face full of 'we are already doing that' in spite of the
>>>    fact that they really weren't.

>>>    http://regmedia.co.uk/2008/01/23/japan_sales_1.png
>>>
>>> In Japan, XBox 180 is doing worse than the PS2.
>>
>> [Slashdot mode=on] In Korea, only old people use XBox360. Dead people play
>> Halo.
>>

> There is a surprising number of parallels between the iPhone's failure
> outside the US and the Xbox360s similarly poor performance outside the
> US.  I'm also hearing rumours of iPhones having a significant range of
> problems around reliability, too.

Apple is excellent at polishing the /image/ of its fashion accessories
(overpriced objects), but there's tough competition out there. Apple's stock
sank recently.

Beware the Windows box spewage (more commonly known as "spam")
roy      pts/2        cg093a.halls.man Thu Jan 24 17:44   still logged in