Re: [News] GNU/Linux Myths and FUD Trashed by Download Squad

Hadron <hadronquark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> did eloquently scribble:
> spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>> Moshe Goldfarb <brick.n.straw@xxxxxxxxx> did eloquently scribble:

>>> The only myths about Linux are the ones spewed by the Linux advocates.
>>
>> Ah, riiiight...
>> So you've never said linux is crap because it's free?
>> You've never said it's too hard?

> "Linux" has been too hard for the average desktop user. Its getting better
> through the efforts of the likes of Shuttleworth.

No hadron.
Linux was "too hard" 10 years ago, and even then, only when it came to
configuring the odd awkward thing. Now, linux is by far easier to manage and
use than windows.

>> Or any of the other "myths" (ne, lies) you wintrolls constantly spout

> For someone with a degree, you are incredibly shallow and naive in your

No, I'm a realist and immune to FUD spread by twats like you.
|   spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx   |   Windows95 (noun): 32 bit extensions and a    |
|                          | graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit |
|Andrew Halliwell BSc(hons)| operating system originally  coded for a 4 bit |
|            in            |microprocessor, written by a 2 bit company, that|
|     Computer Science     |        can't stand 1 bit of competition.       |