Re: [News] Eee PC Gets Beryl in the Debian Repositories, Gets Praised

On 2008-01-24 12:49:03 -0500, Kier <vallon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:

On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 12:08:33 -0500, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 16:59:29 +0000, Mark Kent wrote:

Bleeding Edge TV 231: Eee PC Full Desktop Mode, and installing Beryl for more
awesomeness

,----[ Quote ]
| The second in our series of Asus Eee PC how-to videos, this episode features
| instructions on how to activate the Eee PC?s hidden Full Desktop Mode, a
| power-user mode featuring a launcher similar to the Start menu from Windows.
| Additionally, Nate True demonstrates how to activate Beryl, a 3d desktop
| effect engine that adds stunning visual effects to your desktop, including
| windows that stretch and wobble like Jell-O when you move them around and a
| rotating desktop cube display.
`----

http://video.gearlive.com/video/article/q108-231-eee-pc-full-desktop-mode-installing-beryl/

No1

Son's Eee is on its way...  this will be fun.

No it won't.
Especially when he learns what POS it is and the other kids start making
fun of him.

And exactly why should they do that, you nitwit? These things are flying
off the shelves. These little laptops are *cool*, you nitwit.

It is not a 'POS'.

You know, just like they make fun of you, Mark Kent.

But then again, you live in such a crappy neighborhood (your car keeps
getting stolen, by your own admission), maybe this will be a big thing in
the hood.

You're a total twat and liar, flatty. Pathetic.

In that case, you had better chain it to the kids arm or something.

Idiot.

Seconded. It rocks.