Re: [News] Lenovo to Enter Cheap Laptop (Probably with GNU/Linux) Market

> Lenovo wants to launch a $250 laptop soon
>
> ,----[ Quoet ]
>| At the Davos World Economic Forum, Lenovo's CEO Bill Amelio said: "There is a
>| market for $200 PCs and $250 laptops. We think it's really close to be
>| getting there. Over the next 18 months, you'll see some offers from Lenovo
>| that are going to be able to get into that spot. There are 5 billion people
>| out there that don't have a computer."
> `----
>
> http://digg.com/linux_unix/Lenovo_wants_to_launch_a_250_laptop_soon

... and those 5 billion are never going to be able to afford to keep the
proprietary software world at the margin levels to which they have
become accustomed.  Worse, once the other 3 billion realise that the 5
billion have a deal which is an order of magnitude less expensive for
the same thing, then we'll see a shift.