[News] Three New GNU/Linux Distributions Released, Including ELive 1.5.0

  • Subject: [News] Three New GNU/Linux Distributions Released, Including ELive 1.5.0
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 16:16:33 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
GoblinX 2.6 "Micro" @ http://www.goblinx.com.br/index_home.htm

There's already a review (see link at the bottom of this post).

01/23/2008 - m0n0wall 1.233 released!

,----[ Quote ]
| m0n0wall 1.233 fixes an issue with some PPPoE-based ISPs (most notably
| AT&T/BellSouth).
`----

http://m0n0.ch/wall/

The Elive Team is proud to announce the new development version 1.5 with big
and important changes:

Elive 1.5.0 development released

,----[ Quote ]
| Big changes on Elive
|
| Warning: This is a very experimental Elive iso. The boot system is entirely
| rewritten, working but not finished. A lot of auto-detection/configuration
| parts are not implemented yet. This version is not ready to be installed,
| this is a release for testers and collaborators who want to discuss it at the
| Elive Testers Group
`----

http://www.elivecd.org/Main/News/78

Related:

The Elive Team is proud to announce the release of development version 1.2.3

,----[ Quote ]
| Seasons Greetings to all Elive users! The Elive Team is happy to announce the
| release of a new development version:
|
|     * This version of Elive includes even more stability and usability of the
|       livecd mode, especially when you install applications or do a lot of
|       stuff on it
|     * we have also switched to a newer 2.6.23.9 kernel while we wait the
|       final release of 2.6.24 that Elive is going to use.
|     * The installer includes many useful and innovative new features that
|     permit you to convert any Linux OS to a Elive system. If you have another
|     linux installation on the partition where you want to install Elive,
|     Elive automates the process by saving all your users, files, passwords,
|     and minor system configurations. Note that this feature at the moment
|     only works on systems that use a separate /home partition.
`----

http://www.elivecd.org/Main/News/75

First look at Elive 1.0

,----[ Quote ]
| I love Elive and version 1.0 is a wonderful first full release. Just about
| everything works and works well. The system and applications are stable and
| fast performing and Elive looks exceptionally beautiful doing it.
`----

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20070709#feature

ELIVE 1.0 - ELIVE GEM

,----[ Quote ]
| Summarizing, Elive 1.0 Gem's strenght  is actually it's graphical/animative
| prowess. Since  Elive 1.0 aka Elive Gem is based on Debian Etch,  I am not
| surprised at all that it is a very stable Linux distro.
`----

http://www.linuxseekers.com/content/view/148/1/

Enlighten your desktop with Elive

,----[ Quote ]
| Elive's been in development for several years now and in fact is so
| popular that its developer, Samuel "Thanatermesis" F. Baggen, works on
| it full time. In this month's article, Samuel explains his reasons for
| spinning Elive and how the distro has evolved over the years.
`----

http://www.packtpub.com/article/enlighten-your-desktop-with-elive

Elive - Are You Ready for a New Linux Experience?

,----[ Quote ]
| In conclusion, even if the E 17 window manager is still in heavy development,
| it still looks and acts very well on this stable version of Elive. The
| development team exceeded all my expectations, because of the work they did
| on the E 17 customization and all the other improvements and innovation to
| ease our lives. Try Elive right now, because you will love it, you will adore
| it and most of all, I'll promise you will be addicted to it a long time from
| now on.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Elive-Are-You-Ready-For-a-New-Linux-Experience-58810.shtml

Elive Revolution Released

,----[ Quote ]
| The new version STABLE of Elive is finally released, codename Revolution,
| new screenshots section, using the new systems for the LiveCD mode, a lot
| of work is done on this release of Elive since the last stable release
| called Serenity, the changelog is huge...
`----

http://elivecd.org/gb/Main/News/_articles/37.html

ReviewLinux.Com: First Look GoblinX Micro 2.6

,----[ Quote ]
| I am looking at a micro Linux distribution today called GoblinX 2.6. This
| distribution is a Live CD that loaded fast and was very stable. Hope you
| enjoy the movie.
`----

http://www.reviewlinux.com/?m=show&id=8906

Review: GoblinX 2.0

,----[ Quote ]
| I felt that GoblinX is a pretty decent distribution. They definitely
| went all out to create their own look and feel and they did a good
| job of doing this. Other than K3b not working, the system appeared
| to work just fine for me. It gives you a variety of applications
| to use as well as giving your system a unique look and feel. The
| effort put in to getting the applications themed together similarly
| is commendable. It helps solidify the system?s look and feel and
| gives it a polished look.
`----

http://www.triedit.org/review/review-goblinx-20/

Released GoblinX Premium 2007.1

,----[ Quote ]
| The GoblinX Premium 2007.1 is released.
| The special edition created to be the main operating system of
| the goblin fan, our O.S. Replacement, starts the second
| generation of the distribution, full of news, special
| features and upgrades.
`----

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?p=2691477#post2691477

GoblinX Premium 2007.1

,----[ Quote ]
| GoblinX is a truly unique looking Linux experience. Even today with
| all the themes and 3D effects, many distros look so similar as to
| sometimes make distinction difficult. This won't be a problem with
| GoblinX. It can't be confused with any other.
`----

http://www.tuxmachines.org/node/15188

GoblinX 2.0 Screenshot Tour

,----[ Quote ]