[News] Dell Further Expands Its Linux PCs Offers, Offers XPSs with Ubuntu

  • Subject: [News] Dell Further Expands Its Linux PCs Offers, Offers XPSs with Ubuntu
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 01:26:34 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Ubuntu 7.10 on the XPS M1330, Ubuntu Coming to Customers in Spain

,----[ Quote ]
| Starting today, customers in Germany, United Kingdom, France and now Spain
| can purchaseUbuntu Linux 7.10 with built-in DVD playback on the XPS 1330n (in
| addition to the previously-released Inspiron 530n desktop system.  For U.S.
| customers, you'll have to hold on a week or so.
|
| Ubuntu 7.10 runs great on the XPS M1330. It has more power, more style.Take a
| look at the Dell Ubuntu website for more details.
`----

http://direct2dell.com/one2one/archive/2008/01/23/42090.aspx

Dell brings Linux to XPS M1330

http://www.electronista.com/articles/08/01/23/dell.xps.m1330.with.linux/

Dell offers another Ubuntu Linux laptop

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&taxonomyName=linux_and_unix&articleId=9058561&taxonomyId=122&intsrc=kc_top
http://tinyurl.com/2lzqfy

Yesterday:

Fonality and Dell hook up to bring VoIP to the masses

,----[ Quote ]
| In huge news for the VoIP world (and the open-source Asterisk project
| underlying Fonality), Fonality has entered into a partnership with Dell to
| take easy-to-use, affordable VoIP phone systems to the SMB (small-to-medium
| sized business) under a brand name Dell is calling the “Fonality VoIP Phone
| System.” Dell will be selling it through its global SMB sales organization,
| as well as its channel.
`----

http://www.briancarpio.com/2008/01/22/fonality-and-dell-hook-up-to-bring-voip-to-the-masses/

Related:

Linux seems to be doing Dell well.

,----[ Quote ]
| Going through my daily news fix I came across this story titled Dell seen
| back to strong growth. In this article it states that Dell has seen some
| rapid expansion in the forth quarter due to rapid growth in the retail side
| of things.
`----

http://blogs.ittoolbox.com/linux/locutus/archives/linux-seems-to-be-doing-dell-well-21868

Dell's Ubuntu Laptops

,----[ Quote ]
| The non-free drivers necessary to support the modem and the wireless network
| card were pre-installed. No preinstalled third-party junk, either, which is a
| refreshing change from Dell's Windows machines.
`----

http://apparentlymart.livejournal.com/11418.html

Dell announces Ubuntu 7.10 PCs with DVD playback

,----[ Quote ]