[News] Enormous Performance Boost for Linux, Many Customers Develop on Linux

  • Subject: [News] Enormous Performance Boost for Linux, Many Customers Develop on Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 01:21:23 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Datalight Flash File System for Linux Offers 400% Faster Performance than JFFS2

,----[ Quote ]
| Datalight Inc., long-time maker of flash file systems known for fast
| performance and solid reliability, today announced it will release a Linux
| version of its flash file system platform in February.
|
| [...]
|
| "Many of our customers are considering or already developing on Linux, but
| are disappointed with the currently available flash support," said Cortney
| Jacobsen, product manager for Datalight. "Our new platform gives Linux
| developers a reliable, versatile software solution for integrating flash
| memory; and even more, developers will benefit from over a decade of flash
| experience and our accountable support team, two things you won't get from
| open-source flash file systems."
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/080123/aqw150.html?.v=23

Related:

Linux developers considering move to Eclipse

,----[ Quote ]
| At the recent Linux Foundation Collaboration Summit, it was decided to
| start making Eclipse, the open-source development platform, the Visual
| Studio for Linux.

Survey: Windows loses ground with developers

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux gaining share as the number of developers targeting Windows falls
| 12 percent, Evans Data says
`----

http://www.infoworld.com/article/07/07/02/mswindows-share_1.html

Developers' use of open source Eclipse doubles

,----[ Quote ]
| The adoption rate of the open source Eclipse integrated development
| environment has more than doubled in the Europe, the Middle East and
| Africa region, industry analysts have revealed.
`----

http://www.computerweekly.com/Articles/2006/12/12/220548/developers-use-of-open-source-eclipse-doubles.htm

Developers Embrace Java, Drop Visual Basic

,----[ Quote ]
| Use of Visual Basic has dropped 35% since the spring, says a
| poll of more than 430 North American developers done by research
| company Evans Data.
|
| [...]
|
| Developers have abandoned Microsoft's Visual Basic in droves
| during the last six months, and they're using Java more than any
| other development language, according to a recently published
| survey.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/software/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=196600515

Scripting Languages Breaking Developers’ Ties to Windows

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.linuxelectrons.com/news/application/15476/scripting-languages-breaking-developers-ties-windows