Re: [News] Live CDs End GNU/Linux FUD

On 2008-01-20, RonB <ronb02noSPAM@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 16:19:06 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>> A live CD is the last thing a Linux advocate would want to put in the
>> hands of a potential Linux convert.
>> Why?
>>
>> Linux, if you hate it now, wait until you actually try it.
>> Linux is the operating system that definitely leaves the audience wanting
>> less.
>> Less of Linux that is.
>>
>> Better to have the user install Linux and then find out all his Windows
>> data is destroyed and that it's dang near impossible to remove Linux and
>> get back to Windows again there by trapping him into sticking with Linux.

It is also a RISK FREE trial.

The end user doesn't have to great lengths to figure out how
to install Linux on their system without disturbing their
windows installation and all of their windows files. They
don't have to worry about installing anything.

It's a very low effort way to determine just how much of
their current hardware is supported.

Linux may or may not be right for them. We fear nothing from a
user learning this for themselves. We aren't here to force anyone
into anything (unlike Microsoft Lemmings).

> Actually, you're a 180 degrees wrong. The fact that a Live Linux CD can,
> essentially, install itself (with drivers and competitive applications)
> within minutes, is an eye popper in the Windows world. What a Live Linux CD
> does is cleanly slice through the M$ FUD. You no longer have to tell people
> how well Linux works, you can *show* them how well it works -- without risk
> to their Windows installation or having to repartion their hard drive. It's
> a huge sale's tool.

Be free to choose.

--
	Apple: because TRANS.TBL is an mp3 file. It really is!      |||
								   / | \