Re: Challenges of new UbuntuPC

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 02:12:17 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> ____/ 7 on Monday 21 January 2008 20:09 : \____
>
>> Micoshaft Corporation's Fraudulent Asstroturfer Moshe Goldfarb wrote on
>> behalf of Micoshaft Corporation:

>>> No.
>>> He spent all that time trying to find some obscure application in order to
>>> make his dual monitor set up work.
>>

>> Its looking like micoshaft is getting worried by the minute as more and more
>> small PC houses start taking orders and shipping cutting edge Linux
>> installed. They are not dependent on micoshaft for anything.
>>
>> Web Servers, Media Servers, Beryl + Compiz fitted desktops, laptops, UMPCs,
>> flat TVs, tom toms, MP3 players, MP4 players, home servers, telephony
>> servers, firewalls, database servers, virtual servers, etc. etc. etc..
>
> Ubuntu has a nice graphical front end that manages multi-head displays. Fedora
> and SUSE have that too (SUSE has had it for _AGES_ with YaST/SaX2).
>
> Gary Stewart is just spreading FUD (Big lie, big lie, big lie) because the ease
> of Linux setup scares Microsoft, which has /already/ lost control of the OEM
> channel.

FUD?

Your own boy, Mark Kent, couldn't get it to work out of the box until he
discovered some obscure application.

Here are his own words:

"I had a bit of a problem trying to get to grips with how the dual-monitor
stuff worked, but once I'd found out about the xrandr programme, I
was able to set the screen size on both monitors, and position the TV
"underneath" the monitor.  You can position it anywhere, *but*, if you
make the virtual screen size > 2048 x 2048 in any direction, then the
compositing extension will be switched off."

So, once again Roy Schestowitz, you are lying.

BTW you really should scold Mark Kent for posting a fairly accurate review.
Linux zealot advocates should NEVER post about problems with Linux.
You really should scold him.

What piece of work you are Roy Schestowitz.
So who is paying you to post lies and SPAM Roy Schestowitz?