Re: [News] MSBBC's Thompson 'Grilled' by Groklaw Crowd After Microsoft Affairs

____/ Mark Kent on Monday 21 January 2008 17:29 : \____

>> The BBC's iPlayer Goes to Parliament, by Sean Daly
>>
>> ,----[ Quote of one comment ]
>>| Mr Thompson did his best to not answer
>>| Authored by: Anonymous on Sunday, January 20 2008 @ 08:25 PM EST
>>| It sure seems like Mr Thompson avoided directly answering any of the
>>| questions put to him by Dr Pugh.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20080120181708684
>>

> I suppose we'd expect nothing less, as otherwise, he'd just be
> condemming himself, essentially.  Still, at least this is getting
> air-time now.  Also, with Becta coming under the spotlight too, it
> probably won't be long before we can turn the long-range armaments onto
> the Library and the National Archives.  I think 2008 might be the year
> we freed public data and access from Microsoft in the UK.

Slashdot has just identified another case of corruption. Public money was
funnelled and Wikileaks has the documents to show this.

"The government is not trying to destroy Microsoft, it’s simply seeking to
compel Microsoft to obey the law. It’s quite revealing that Mr. Gates equates
the two."
                --Government official