Re: [News] BECTA Finally Admits Its Misconduct? (Microsoft Sellout Aside)

> Becta exec admits mistakes on education IT
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| At the BETT trade show earlier this month, Becta director of educational
>| content Dave Hassell conceded that the education IT quango has been guilty of
>| poor deployments.
> `----
>
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/01/21/becta_bett_it_burden/
>
> I've been hearing that BECTA is "s**ting its pants" at the moment. More details
> to come...

And so they should be - they've made some disastrous pronouncements over
the last few years.  Had they gone the right way, the work at my school
would've been far far easier, as we wouldn't be trying to manage with a
stack of equipment and systems which are windows-only.

Anyway, I'm seeing Mark Taylor next week, so I'll see what he thinks :-)