Re: [News] Trolltech Likes GPLv3, Qt Upgraded to GPLv3!

____/ Matt on Sunday 20 January 2008 22:46 : \____

http://arstechnica.com/journals/linux.ars/2008/01/18/trolltech-to-adopt-gpl-3-for-qt
>>> The lame article (no reference to Roy) doesn't mention the commercial
>>> way of licensing Qt.  Has that changed?  It seems you still have to
>>> pay for a license if you want to use Qt to develop commercial
>>> software.  Can anybody verify that?
>>
>> If you didn't how else would they have a CEO?
>>
>> (ps, what commercial apps? The secret bespoke ones that people like
>> Liarnut develop?)
>
> Does Google Earth count?

We are using Qt almost exclusively in this department. It comes with excellent
development tools. Back when I was programming with GTK and even use Glade to
simplify things, it wasn't quite as good as Qt, but that was quite a long time
and I haven't used GTK for years (it was 1.2 and 2.0 at the time).

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "World ends in five minutes - please log out"
Tasks: 104 total,   1 running, 102 sleeping,   0 stopped,   1 zombie