Re: Leaked ISO Document Reveals Crooked ISO Amid MS OOXML Corruptions

On 2008-07-10, Erik Funkenbusch <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Jul 2008 13:04:20 -0400, Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 9 Jul 2008 00:19:06 -0700 (PDT), Rex Ballard wrote:
>>
>>> Today, Microsoft is trying to do the same thing with OpenXML,
>>> embedding "oleObjectx.bin" objects into zipped documents, making it a
>>> trivial matter for hackers to embed malware in OpenXML documents  and
>>> spread them to carefully qualified targets.
>>
>> Rex.  You've been told this before.  OOXML and Office do exactly the same
>> thing ODF and OpenOffice do in this regard.  Even your precioius employers

Yeah, but who are you going to trust with the henhouse?

Ideally, neither standard would originate from a particular application
or vendor.  The absolute LAST entity it makes sense to trust with something
like this are the people that spent the last 20 years helping to create the
problem in question.

[deletia]

--

	Nothing today, likely nothing since we tamed fire,
	is genuinely new: culture, like science and              |||

				 Judge Alex Kozinski
				 US Court of Appeals
				 9th Circuit

                http://www.usenet.com