Re: [News] OpenMoko Already Sold Out

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, thufir
<hawat.thufir@xxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Thu, 10 Jul 2008 00:48:14 GMT
<i%cdk.67134$Jx.21213@pd7urf1no>:
> On Tue, 08 Jul 2008 13:46:32 -0700, The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
>

>> I take it you prefer the Samsung Instinct?
>
> I haven't used one, but it looks as equally slick as the iPhone except
> that it got poor reviews.  Maybe if they switched from whatever they now
> use (what do they use?) to Linux it would bring in more third party
> developers to fix the problems.

I mentioned the Instinct as it is Windows based. ;-)
Personally, I'm not sure I really care for either one, as
the iPhone appears to be locked down tighter than Houdini,
and Samsung pays a license stipend for every Instinct unit
to Microsoft, presumably.

The GreenPhone is sold out, but OpenMoko might be running
around, and Android looks promising, if a bit sloppy from
the non-Java engineering standpoint (their Java code is
missing in action, but hopefully they'll release it soon).

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Useless C++ Programming Idea #23291:
void f(item *p) { if(p != 0) delete p; }