Re: [News] Ubuntu Becomes Synonymous with Desktop GNU/Linux to Some

On 2008-07-09, Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 08 Jul 2008 18:37:04 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

>>> FYI Goldfarb is a notorious troll, best plonked.
>>
>> http://www.techvideonews.com/view_news_link.php?nlid=92251&p=1
>>
>> Rick is playing word games like Jebbediah.. He knows full well I am
>> speaking of consumer desktop, the largest market by far, because this
>> has been discussed over and over again 100 times.
>>
>> Rick doesn't seem to be able to absorb any information into his skull.
>
> If you mean consumer desktop, say consumer desktop.

...it's the same thing. The only reason that Redhat even exists as a
going concern is that they didn't used to make this distinction. Oddly
enough, the same things that a corporate or server desktop user needs
are much the same as the "consumer desktop" user. Visibility in the
consumer space also grows mindshare.

   Server Linux marketshare was built from the bottom. Redhat can't
be dumb enough to not realize this.

   This means that what is being run in companies where you are likely
to see employees running Linux is stuff like Mepis and Ubuntu.

--
	vi isn't easy to use.				 |||
							/ | \