[News] [Rival] Microsoft Keeps Losing Mindshare, Customers

INQ hack goes Mac

,----[ Quote ]
| I'm simply fed up. I'm fed up with the absolute turd that is Windows Vista.
| I've been using it since beta's were stable enough for day-to-day use, and I
| just can't take another five minute wait of constant disk thrashing, after
| another reboot forced upon me by yet another security patch from Microsoft.
|
| Explorer used to be simple to use, now I struggle to navigate the mess of the
| new (but half-implemented) user interface.
|
| I can no longer stand the disk thrashing while I'm in the middle of my work -
| for apparently no good reason - which makes the system unusable for sometime,
| until I've gone and made a coffee or two.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/07/06/inq-hack-goes-mac

10 changes Steve Ballmer should make at Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| From an open source project to not swatting at the competition, ten
| directions Ballmer should consider steering Microsoft in the post-Gates era
`----

http://goodgearguide.com.au/index.php/id;932105121

Tough times ahead. Expect lots and lots of Munchkins and AstroTurfing.

Recent:

Is Microsoft Aura Fading?

,----[ Quote ]
| Yesterday's early relief rally reversed, and Microsoft's value has now fallen
| by more than $30 billion since it unveiled its bid for Yahoo on February 1.
`----

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB121004447596669953.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

Microsoft stock drops amid slumping sales

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.sltrib.com/business/ci_9061263