[News] Disappointed Microsoft MVP Turns to Customised Linux Live CDs?

[Too much Vista? Pirillo is stuck with an O/S that goes nowhere.]

Why Aren’t All Linux Live CDs Customizable?

,----[ Quote ]
| Yes, Linux is an operating system that I do recommend to people at times. I
| don’t use Linux as my operating system, but I do have several Linux live CDs.
| A live CD is one that is started as an ISO file that you download, burn it to
| a CD, pop it into your drive and reboot. Your computer will run Linux from
| memory, without writing it to your hard drive. There are even ways that you
| can put a Linux distro on a flash drive, which is nice. I can carry it around
| with me, along with some diagnostic tools. This way, if I am working on a
| machine that won’t boot into Windows, I can open it up with Linux.
|
| [...]
|
| You can even choose your default wallpaper(s), including your username, and
| including the volume at which the controller is set on boot. It’s very easy
| to create one of these, and absolutely free. If you choose to create
| a ‘custom’ CD, you choose what categories you want included… and then choose
| the software! Add what you want, and know you’ll use. Leave the rest alone.
| How cool is it to finally be able to choose what YOU want and need?
`----

http://chris.pirillo.com/2008/07/06/why-arent-all-linux-live-cds-customizable/

Some people have a similar opinion.

The Swiss Army Distro - Might Someone Finally Be Getting It?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.raiden.net/?cat=2&aid=435

| codename Ibex Poacher
`----

http://www.sabayonlinux.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=13917&p=79891

Support for Linux OS

,----[ Quote ]
| Sabayon Linux today announced that it will partner with NetCraft
| Communications, a global provider of computer infrastructure management
| services and makers of Versiera, Remote System Management and Monitoring
| Software. As part of this strategic alliance, both companies will leverage
| their technologies, including Sabayon Entropy to provide broader software
| distribution methods.

Entropy - a new package management toolkit for Sabayon Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| While the development of the next stable version is indeed proceeding at a
| slower pace than it used to, much behind-the-scenes code, intended to make
| the upcoming release of Sabayon Linux stand out from the crowd, continues to
| be written daily. One of these little subprojects is Entropy, a new package
| management toolkit for Sabayon Linux.
|
| Entropy is described as a package management system that combines the best of
| Portage, Yum and APT to provide a fast, intuitive and trouble-free solution
| for Sabayon Linux users. It consists of several tools. The text-mode client
| called "Equo" was already available in a previous Sabayon Linux release, but
| the graphical client called "Spritz" is expected to make its first appearance
| only in version 3.5. Other tools that make up the Entropy kit
| include "Reagent" and "Activator", which are server applications.
`----

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20080310#feature

Sabayon Linux 3.4 review

,----[ Quote ]