[News] The Business Advantage of Moving to GNU/Linux

Move Your Business from Windows to Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| If the cost of Windows is getting your small business down, consider shifting
| to Linux.
|
| [...]
|
| Though you can purchase boxed commercial versions of Linux that include
| support, every Linux distribution is also available for free under the terms
| of the open-source Gnu General Public License, or GPL. Once you figure out
| which distribution you'd like to use (see below), you can simply download,
| burn, and install it on as many systems as you choose.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/147879/move_your_business_from_windows_to_linux.html

Recent:

IBM launching a platform for SMB opportunity

,----[ Quote ]
| It runs on Linux and encompasses everything an SMB would need from an IT
| perspective, including e-mail and collaboration with Lotus Notes and Domino,
| file management, directory services, back-up and recovery, firewall,
| anti-virus, anti-spam and the Lotus Symphony office suite.
|
| “We've completely masked all the administration complexity usually associated
| with these systems so its transparent to the SMB,” said Sean Poulley,
| vice-president of online collaboration services on the IBM software
| group. “What we've also done is completely masked Linux from the end user,
| and if you don't think that's possible you've never used TiVo.”
`----

http://www.itbusiness.ca/it/client/en/home/News.asp?id=48224&cid=6

IBM to offer Linux machines

,----[ Quote ]
| The machines, it was announced, will come with Red Hat's Linux distro, and
| will come pre-loaded with software from IBM, including its Lotus Symphony
| suite.
`----

http://www.pcretailmag.com/news/29500/IBM-to-offer-Linux-machines

IBM, allies offer Microsoft-free PCs for E.Europe

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews/idINL0486847020080304?rpc=44