[News] In Praise of Scribus for Publishing

Scribus: Free, Open Source Desktop Publishing Muscle

,----[ Quote ]
| Word processors have gotten so good at creating rich documents that many web
| workers never reach for a desktop publishing package. For creating really
| great looking documents, though, desktop publishing can give you many types
| of flexibililty and precision that word processors don’t offer. For a free,
| very robust desktop publishing application, consider Scribus.
`----

http://webworkerdaily.com/2008/07/03/scribus-free-open-source-desktop-publishing-muscle/

Recent:

Scribus - Desktop Publishing for Penguins

,----[ Quote ]
| When it comes to desktop publishing, a lot of people might think of big
| organizations producing newsletters, or your local boy scouts producing a
| fund raising flier.  But the average person out there might not see where any
| kind of desktop publishing is really needed.  Honestly, if you really look
| deeply, you might be surprised.  There are a lot of great uses for desktop
| publishing.  A lot more than people realize.   But what is desktop
| publishing?
`----

http://www.raiden.net/?cat=2&aid=401

Related:

Scribus: Open Source Desktop Publishing

,----[ Quote ]
| Scribus is an open-source DTP application, started in 2001 and written by
| people who are clearly opinionated on subjects like typography and page
| design.
`----

http://www.trustedreviews.com/software/review/2007/07/19/Scribus-Open-Source-Desktop-Publishing/p1

Scribus In-Depth Tutorial by Donald Emmack

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.tuxmagazine.com/node/1000225