[News] Latest Ubuntu Works Nicely on the Eee PC

Review: EeePC 900 with Ubuntu 8.4

,----[ Quote ]
| The office bought ASUS EeePC 900s for Marc Hugentobler, John Krutsch, and me,
| and this tidy little tool deserves a review. My review will be a little
| different from the one John Krutsch is planning, as I almost immediately set
| about wiping the Xandros Linux install and setting up Ubuntu Linux.
|
| [...]
|
| The most prominent application for learning with EeePCs comes from their low
| pricetag. At ~$400 USD I could imagine these being standard equipment for jr.
| high or high school students. If my son’s school had an established plan for
| integrating use of notebook computers into the daily curriculum, I would have
| no problem shelling out the money for one of these. Presuming that these
| could be used for at least 2 years, probably 3-4 if any memory expansions
| become available, the bang-for-the-buck potential is high.
`----

http://flexknowlogy.learningfield.org/2008/06/30/review-eeepc-900-with-ubuntu-84/

Yesterday:

Eee PC Update- 904/905 to replace 901? Debian to replace Xandros?

,----[ Quote ]
| In another interesting turn of events, Linux Loop is reporting that Asus and
| Debian are working together on a project. There is nothing firm yet but a
| post on the Debian mailing list suggests that the two organizations are
| working together. There  is already a DebianEeePC project, so it could just
| be building this out, not outright replacing Xandros, but anything could
| happen  at this point. Ubuntu is based on Debian so this could open up a
| number of doors in the future, though it would definitely be a mistake to
| read too far into news like this given how early the talks seem to be.
`----

http://www.geek.com/eee-pc-update-904905-to-replace-901-debian-to-replace-xandros-20080630/

Recent:

Debian To Replace Xandros on the Eee PC?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxloop.com/news/2008/06/24/debian-to-replace-xandros-on-the-eee-pc/